| Biophysics and statistical physics of biological membranes.
Development of instrumentation and software in medicine.
ACTIVITIES AND SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS
- Bilateral project with the Department of Biology, Abo Akademi University, Abo/Turku, Finland: Human blood microvesicles in health and disease.
- Bilateral project with the Institute of Solid State Physics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria: Shapes and thermal shape fluctuations of lipid vesicles in relation to the properties of their membranes.
- Bilateral projects with Department of Physics, North Dakota State University, USA: The role of electrostatic interactions on the mechanisms of membrane budding.
Biomechanical properties of lipid membranes with inclusions.
Biomechanics of anisotropic phospholipid bilayers.
- Bilateral project with Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic: Clinically oriented biomechanical analysis of aseptic necrosis of femoral head (BI-CZ/07-08-006).
- Bilateral project with Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology in Madras, India: The influence of anisotropy and electric charge of the membrane constituents on budding and domain formation in bilayer membranes (BI-IN/06-07-003).
- Program group (MVŠZT): Functions and technologies of complex systems (P2-0232-1538).
- Project MVŠZT with the Department of Orthopaedic
Surgery, University Medical Center Ljubljana:
Biomechanical analysis of orthopaedic surgical
procedures in the hip joint (J3-6198-1538-01).
- Project with Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany: Theory and Simulation of Protein-Lipid Interactions (COST D22).
- Project with the Department of Physics, North Dakota State University,
USA: Biomechanics of anisotropic
phospholipid bilayers (BI-US/05-06/014).
- Structure funds - 2004: CO RR2: Speech and image technologies in telecomunication and information systems.
Projects funded by foreign institutions
- Project with Abo Akademi University, Abo/Turku, Finland (Ella & Georg Ehrnroth Foundation): Skeleton-bilayer interactions and activity of multidrugresistance pump activity in human erythrocytes.
- Project with Abo Akademi University, Abo/Turku, Finland (National Foundation for Cultural Support, Finland): Membrane dynamics in erythrocytes.
- Project with Abo Akademi University, Abo/Turku, Finland (Paulo Foundation, Finland): Effect of alteration in membrane dynamical properties on multidrugresistance efflux pump activity in human erythrocytes.
- German national project, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst: Role of ordering of anisotropic membrane components in vesiculation process (A-04-06493).
- Abo Akademi University (Abo/Turku, Finland) Fellowships in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.